How to create your own WWW Home Page ?
0. Learn something about Internet, WWW (World Wide Web),
HTML (HyperText Markup Language), URL (Uniform Resource Locator) and so on.
Good place to start is Wikipedia or the same in Russian.
Find some HTML tutorial using Google Search.
See, for instance, Getting started with HTML.
1. In your home directory (~/) on the theor create public_html
2. Use any text editor (HTML editor, ...) for creating file index.html
written in HTML. Use for reference HTML 4.01 Specification
A very simple example.
There are many specialized HTML editors like Composer included
in Netscape and Mozilla packages which allow to create nice Web
pages very easily without knowledge of HTML syntax.
3. Place index.html into your public_html directory. Now your
page can be seen via WWW browser at URL http://theor.jinr.ru/~your_login/
4. It is recommended to check HTML syntax in your new pages using
Markup Validation Service.
If your page contains references to another Web pages or images
it is good to check links using Link Checker.
5. Announce your WWW Home Page.